"so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the hand of the LORD is mighty, that you may fear the LORD your God forever” ~Joshua 4:24

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

most important

John Piper posted this video on his Facebook page today.  I read his book Desiring God years ago but seem to have lost sight of the truth it teaches: God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.

This video mentions a quote from the book, "treasuring Christ is more important than bearing children."

I was left speechless and totally convicted by the end of this video.  I am beyond blessed with an amazing husband, family, friends, job security and health, and yet I sit around and complain that God is unkind for withholding children from us (which is a LIE).

Lord, I don't want to miss the most important reason for living. Christ! He is my ultimate satisfaction.


Click on the link below to watch the video... and grab a box of Kleenex as well.

The Story of Ian and Larissa


humbled by His faithfulness and love,
sarah jane

No comments:

Post a Comment